Saturday, May 9, 2009

TY's Baptism


Well today was the BIG day for our eight year old Ty. He was baptized today, and is the NEWEST member in the Mayfield Ward. He is so proud and it was such a SPECIAL Day for him and our family.
The day started out so Wonderful and he was so ANXIOUS to get his suit on and get down to the church for his 10:00 am baptism. His dad took him around 9:00 with his big brother Drew, so he could get dressed and welcome people when they came into the room. Brother David Madsen was there waiting for them when they got to the church. He would be presiding over the baptism for the Mayfield Ward.
When I arrived at the church about 9:45 am, he was sitting on the chairs by his dad all dressed in white. Ty looked so handsome and so mature sitting there talking with his dad, great grandparents and Bishop Madsen.

Here is Ty's Great Grandparents: Kennard & Glade Anderson Lester & Helen Hill








Here is Daren and Myself, with our Ty ready for his baptism to start. He is such a handsome little guy don't you think?



Here is his Grandpa Donald and Grandma Denise. They are such wonderful grandparents and such Great Examples to my boys. It was so special because Grandpa Donald gave the opening prayer and Grandma Denise gave such a wonderful talk about baptism for Ty to listen to before his baptism. During her talk, she gave Ty h

THANKS SO MUCH GRANDMA DENISE! WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE WORDS YOU GAVE TO TY. WE LOVE YOU!

This is Grandma Sherrie and Grandpa Johnny. They also are such wonderful grandparents to my children. If my boys are not with us, you will find them with my parents somewhere like a ballgame or just hanging out watching ballgames at their house. Ty is so lucky to have both sets of grandparents that are so involved in his life and all his accomplishments.
Grandma Sherrie gave a talk about confirmation to Ty and showed him all the gifts he would be getting when he was given the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was so wonderful too.

THANKS SO MUCH GRANDMA Sherrie! WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE WORDS YOU GAVE TO TY, TOO. WE LOVE YOU!
After Grandpa Johnny gave the closing prayer.

Here is our SWEET ETERNAL FAMILY!

I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and wonderful boys that are such great examples to me.
Ty, I love you a ton and so PROUD to have you as my son. You bring a special light to our family and you have so many wonderful abilities that you share with others, EVERYDAY. You are so good to your brothers even though they sometimes drive you "NUTS" you always tell them you love them. My favorite thing to hear is when I come home from work, and you scream down from your room and say "mom", and I say "YES" and you tell me, " I LOVE YOU!" It melts my heart EVERY TIME.
I LOVE YOU TY and you deserve the BEST in life! Always be yourself and keep that SMILE and YOUR CUTE SAYINGS throughout your life!
WE LOVE YOU!!

After the Baptism, we all headed to the Gunnison Park to enjoy the sunshine, a light lunch and each other's company. We took Daren's parents advise and ordered Subway sandwiches, different kinds of fruit salads and pasta salad's and chips. For dessert we ate Hot Fudge Cake, which tasted so Great! For me, a little TOO GREAT!!
Thanks so much for all of you who brought salad's and treats to the luncheon. It tasted so good! Here are some random pictures from the GET TOGETHER!





We missed you that could not make it. We'll get you next time.

Here are a list of people who came to Ty's special day:

MOM & DAD
Drew & Tazj
Grandma & Grandpa Anderson
Great-Grandma & Grandpa Anderson
Grandma & Grandpa Hill
Great-Grandma & Grandpa Hill
Great-Grandma& Grandpa Sorenson
Jared, Heather Anderson & Avery, Shea, Elle & Baby Demi
Blair, Cheryl, Devrin, & Daetyn
Rhett & Michelle Anderson
Dax & Heidi Higgins
Jed, Michelle Hill & Jaxon, Carter, Sara & Baby Bridger
Kirk & Janet Anderson
Randi, McKinlee, Braxon & Addison Sylvester
Mike, Jenny Christensen & Conner, Cayson, Kallon & Kyler
Tanae & Bosten Childs

Thanks for coming!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Seeing pictures of your parents and grandparents makes me feel like I'm looking at my own family. What great memories...makes me miss all of you. I can't believe you have another child old enough to be baptized! You have such a beautiful family. I love you!!

peterson said...

I am so excited for Ty. He is such a sweet little boy and I love having him in my primary class!

MEREDITH said...

Congrats to Ty looks like you guys had a great day!